It is important not only to choose the right jewelry, but also to remove it in time.
What is an erection ring
An erection, or erectile, ring is a ring that helps a man maintain an erection.
Blood rushes to the penis through the arteries and flows out through the veins. When excited, the veins narrow – this interferes with the outflow of blood, so the penis hardens. If this mechanism breaks down, and the veins do not hold blood, then the erection will be sluggish or not at all. In these cases, an erection ring comes to the rescue. It is put on the base of the penis, and sometimes on the scrotum. It compresses the veins and prevents the outflow of blood from the penis.
The ring can be used in conjunction with a vacuum pump: a dome-shaped nozzle is put on the penis, from which air is pumped out. The pressure decreases, so the blood rushes to the penis, an erection occurs. A ring helps to keep it, which blocks the outflow of blood.
But even if you don’t have erection problems, the ring is worth a try. It (especially with additional processes or a vibrating mechanism) will give new sensations and diversify your sex life for sure.
In order for the ring to bring only positive emotions, certified sex trainer Gigi Angle advises the following:
- Be sure to wash it before the first use.
- Trim your long pubic hair so it doesn’t get under the ring in the process. Otherwise, the sensations will not be pleasant.
- Apply some lubricant before putting on the ring . If the toy is silicone, use a water-based lubricant. The oil composition will not work if you plan to put on a condom and not damage it.
- Choose a location. For beginners, it is better to place the ring on the trunk itself. But if you use a condom, then the ring should be pulled over the scrotum so as not to push the contraceptive in the process.
- Put the ring on a flaccid or semi-erect penis. If you use the scrotum, stretch each testicle separately and try not to click on them with a rubber band.
- Remove and wash the ring after use.
How not to harm yourself with an erection ring
Urologists advise not to wear the ring for more than half an hour, so as not to cause oxygen starvation of the tissues. Moreover, never fall asleep with him, so as not to cause gangrene.
Remove the ring immediately if
- the skin of the penis changes color to cyanotic or purple;
- you feel pain or numbness;
- the penis feels cold;
- member is swollen.
If for some reason you cannot remove the ring, consult a doctor immediately. Don’t wait, it won’t get better, because a vicious circle will develop: tissue damage causes inflammation, which provokes swelling. And the stronger the edema, the more the tissues are compressed and even more injured.